Travel back 2,000 years to the Roman town of Herculaneum, and see the ruins left behind by the devastating volcanic eruption of 79 AD. Visit ancient houses, marvel at mosaic floors and frescoes, and see the skeletons of some of those killed instantly.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures are in place. Check your activity voucher once you book for full details.
- Duration 2 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Skip the ticket line
- Live tour guide
- Spanish, English, French, Italian
- Private group
Select participants and date
The guide will hold your name on a sign at the only ticket office in Herculaneum Archaeological Park.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
- Luggage or large bags
Know before you go
- On the first Sunday of each month, entrance is free of charge, but as tickets can't be reserved ahead of time, entry is not guaranteed