A full-day tour in which you will catch the train from Athens to discover the fabulous Meteora. You will travel through the countryside, seeing the biodiversity and the enormous ecological value of Greek nature.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures are in place. Check your activity voucher once you book for full details.
- Duration 14 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
- Small group
- Limited to 15 participants
Select participants and date
You take the train yourself from the Central Railway Station of Athens (Stathmos Larissis) at 7:52 AM, departing for Kalambaka. Your guide will meet you holding a sign with your name on at the main entrance of Kalambaka Train Station. Please be at the train station in Athens 30 minutes before the train departure time (7:30AM is the ideal time to be at the train station).Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
- Long-sleeved shirt
- Long pants
- Sleeveless shirts
Know before you go
- Due to the monasteries' strict dress code, men must wear trousers and a t-shirt or shirt with sleeves and women must wear a long skirt
- At the monasteries, there are usually trousers and skirts provided
- Babies up to 3 years old are free to join if they can share the seat with their parent
- The guide will not escort you into the monasteries
- Food and drinks will not be provided