This is the most classic hiking route on the Great Wall, taking about 5 hours to complete a distance of 10 km from Jiankou section to Mutianyu section. Be challenged by the most precipitous Jiankou section of the Great Wall.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible—book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Duration 8 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
- Pickup included
- Pickup possible from hotels located within the 4th ring road of Beijing. If your accommodation is outside this area an alternate pickup location of your choice within the 4th ring will be arranged.
- Small group
- Limited to 10 participants
Select participants and date
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
- Sun hat
Know before you go
- Small-group tour of no more than 6 people
- Not recommended for children under 12 years old
- The route is a difficult hike and requires an average fitness level; and is suitable for hikers with prior mountain climbing experience
- It is the responsibility of parents to decide whether to bring their children, based on their physical condition
- The hike from Xizhazi village to the Zhengbeilou Watch Tower is almost 1 hour of tough climbing through the jungle with no fixed paths; the majority of the Jiankou Great Wall is heavily weathered with no steps
- Please note the Jiankou section may close due to forest protection and fire prevention; if this occurs the hiking route will be changed to another section
- Entrance fees to the Great Wall at Jiankou and Mutianyu are included in the price
- Cable car fees, airport transfer, accommodation are not included
- Tips to the guide and driver (optional and usually CNY 60 to 100 per person) are not included. Please tip them separately