This hiking trip of Great Wall will show you both Simatai and Jinshanling sections of the wall within 3 hours. You will experience both original and restored Wall on a less-visited sections.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible—book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Duration 9 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
- Small group
- Limited to 8 participants
Select participants and date
McDonald's at Oriental Kenzo, 48 Dongzhimenwai Dajie. 东直门外大街东方银座麦当劳 Meeting directions: Dongzhimen Station, subway line 2, Exit C. Turn right after getting out of the shopping mall. Guides will place a company logo in front of their van, and your guide will hold a Great Wall logo.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Passport or ID card
- Comfortable shoes
Know before you go
- What to take:
- Comfortable shoes or boots, sun cream, sun-glasses, lip balm and cap
- There is no toilet on the Wall. There are toilets at the entrance of Simatai West and Jinshanling. Please prepare before hiking and always carry toilet paper
- You will be followed by local farmers when starting the hike. If you don’t like this, you have to say NO firmly at the beginning (MAYBE LATER does not work in Chinese culture) or just ignore them and not speak a word with them; otherwise they can be very persistent
- Unlimited bottled waters are stored in the provider's car/van, and you need a day pack to carry them
- Travel insurance is optional and is the sole responsibility of travellers
- As responsible travelers, 'take nothing but photos, leave nothing but footprint'