The Franschhoek Wine Tram hop-on hop-off tour is one of the best ways to discover the true essence of this picturesque valley, its rolling vineyards, breath-taking scenery, warm hospitality, world-class cuisine, fine wines and a 300-year history.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Duration 8.5 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Skip the ticket line
- Pickup included
- Look for the branded Cape Explorer bus stop and/or a red Cape Explorer. Each pickup location has a unique pickup time (please be ready for pickup 10 minutes before departure): Pink/Grey Line Pick up points: CBD: Meet at the City Sightseeing Downtown Tour Office located at 81 Long Street at 8:30 AM V&A Waterfront: Meet At the City Sightseeing Tour Office located outside the 2 Oceans Aquarium at 9:00 AM
Select participants and date
Know before you go
- You can expect to stop at 4 - 5 of the 8 wine estates
- As part of ongoing COVID-19 virus preventative measures, all vehicles are thoroughly disinfected every day and hand sanitizer is provided at main stops
- Minimum age for the wine tastings is 18 (alternatives available)
- Until end Oct '22 - Orange or purple tram route will be allocated
- Nov '22 Onwards - Navy or Burgundy tram route will be allocated
- 2nd Departure 26 - 30 Dec (9AM) - Pink or Grey tram route will be allocated
- Please be at the clearly marked bus stop 10 minutes prior to departure
- Tickets are only valid on the stipulated day of booking
- Available tram routes vary depending on the day of operation during the winter