Visit some of the notorious townships of Cape Town, including District Six, and learn more about South Africa's apartheid policies. Then, visit Robben Island, where Nelson Mandela was imprisoned.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Reserve now & pay later
- Reserve now & pay later to book your spot without any charges today. Learn more
- Duration 8 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
- Pickup included
- Pickup is available from hotels, guesthouses and accommodation within 10 kilometers of the city center. Pick-up time depends on your hotel location. • Between 8 - 8:30 AM: Camps Bay, Bantry Bay, Sea Point, Green Point, Waterfront. • Between 8:30 - 9:00 AM: City Center, Gardens, Tamboerskloof. • For Rondebosch, Observatory, Mowbray, Woodstock please be ready to be collected between 7:30 - 8:15 AM. If you are staying outside of the pickup area, the meeting point will be outside the V&A Waterfront hotel between 8:40-8:50 AM.
- Wheelchair accessible
Select participants and date
What to bring
- Passport or ID card
Know before you go
- Please make sure to have the ID used when booking on the day of the tour (copies will be accepted as well)
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- The optional Robben Island ticket is subject to availability and weather conditions. If the ferry gets cancelled after the township tour has taken place, you will be given the chance to reschedule (based on availability) or receive a partial refund
- You will get the opportunity to support local businesses and markets throughout the tour
- The tour ends at the Robben Island ferry gateway. You will be asked to make your own way back to your hotel