Enjoy a view of the Chicago skyline from a helicopter, with the extra thrill of a “doors off” flight experience during the summer. Learn interesting facts about the city’s history.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures are in place. Check your activity voucher once you book for full details.
- Duration 45 minutes
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
- Private group
Select participants and date
Enter the main airport building and walk downstairs to the passenger waiting area. Your pilot will meet you there about 5-10 minutes before your scheduled departure. You should have received the pilot's cell phone number in an email prior to your arrival. If traveling by public transport to the airport, it takes about an hour by train from Union Station in Downtown Chicago. Take the MD-W Line (Milwaukee West Line) towards big Timber. Please call the pilot and they will meet you at the station.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Comfortable clothes
Know before you go
- Gear/equipment and helicopter are sanitized between use. Pilots are required to regularly wash their hands
- Purses and scarves are prohibited in the helicopter and must be placed in storage
- At the request of the group, the doors can be put onto the helicopter
- Weather cancellations will be rescheduled at your convenience and for your safety
- Large group tours can be accommodated with multiple flights
- Tips are not included