Enjoy a half day guided walk around a spectacular extinct volcano only 30 minutes from Christchurch. Marvel at the world class views over oceans and mountains and unique walking experiences with an amazing local guide.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible—book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Duration 4 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
- Pickup included
- Your guide will park and come into the reception of your accommodation. They will be wearing a black top with the local partner's logo on it.
- Small group
- Limited to 10 participants
Select participants and date
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
- Warm clothing
- Sun hat
Know before you go
- You will need comfortable walking shoes, a sun hat, sun block, and a jacket
- The local partner will be in contact with you via email the day before your walk with a weather report and any specifics for the day. Please ensure you provide up to date contact information
- The total trip duration is approximately 4 hours from hotel pick up to drop off. During this time you can expect 2.5 hours walking time, and to cover a distance of approximately 8 kilometers on foot
- There are several walks available, your guide will choose the best walk for the day depending on the weather and track conditions