2. San Francisco: Redwood & Wine Country Tour with Lunch & Wine
On this full-day tour you will spend 1-hour walking in the shadows of the world's tallest trees before learning about the history, craft, and science of winemaking in California’s lovely wine country.
The art of wine tasting is very much on the agenda as you explore the Sonoma and Napa Valleys. Winemaking began here in California's wine country more than 100 years ago. Visit a vineyard, included as part of the day’s excursion, and enjoy a guided tour through a boutique winery, dependent on availability.
Afterward, visit Napa Valley for even more tastings. The 3 wineries you will visit on this trip represent a variety of grapes, specialties, winemaking styles, and size of operation, giving you a well-rounded wine country experience and lots of new favorite wines to add to your shopping list.
Your lunch will be a gourmet sit-down meal. Sit together with your group for a table-side presentation of local wines paired with each expertly prepared course of Californian cuisine.
Please specify your choice of one item per course during the booking process or the local partner reserves the right to choose on your behalf. All courses are paired with wine.
First Course - paired with Gloria Blanc de Noir, 3 oz
• Petite cheese plate with three assorted Artisan cheeses and fresh fruit
Second Course - paired with Robledo Sauvignon Blanc, 3 oz (choose one)
• White beans and vegetable soup topped with almond-arugula pesto
• Baby mixed greens salad tossed with citrus fresh herb vinaigrette
Main Course - paired with Martin Ray Pinot Noir, 3 oz (choose one)
• Mushroom ravioli with pork and beef bolognese, grated parmesan cheese
• Grilled salmon over sauteéd vegetables, drizzled with balsamic reduction
• Fusilli pasta arugula and almond pesto and grated parmesan cheese
• Chicken scallopini mashed potatoes, sautéed spinach, and caper butter sauce