Join a guided tour of the Melaten Cemetery in Cologne and immerse yourself in its more than 200-year-old history. Admire the impressive tombs, find out who was laid to rest here and marvel at the historic chapel.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Duration 2 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
Select participants and date
At the old main gate, Aachener Straße, vis-à-vis Hausnummer 249.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Rain gear
Know before you go
- Due to official health regulations, you are required to carry a negative result of a Covid-19 quick-test or self-test, no older than 24 hours, or proof of successful complete vaccination process or recovery from a Covid-19 infection
- Dogs are unexceptionally not permitted according to the regulations by the cemetery administration
- Sturdy shoes are recommended
- Melaten has 55,000 graves. You will visit about 30 to 35 graves selected by your guide. It is not possible to visit all the graves during the 2-hour tour