Dubai hot air balloon tours: Everything you need to know
You probably know that Dubai, one of the world’s most luxurious and futuristic destinations, is often described as the fastest-growing city on the globe. However, you may not be aware that outside of urban landscapes, Dubai has yet more to offer. Take a break from the city with a hot air balloon tour of Dubai. Enjoy the spectacular experience of drifting over the desert. Watch a falconry show. Indulge in a gourmet breakfast. Take a safari through a desert reserve.
What should you expect on a hot air balloon tour of Dubai?
Welcome onboard and enjoy the ride! Float over the Arabian desert at 4,000 feet in a hot air balloon. Take a deep breath and experience a unique balloon flight.
Catch a glimpse of a great variety of scenery and wildlife, including oases, gazelles, camels, and the Arabian oryx. Glide over the Dubai desert and catch the sunrise. The possibilities are endless, and you’ll get to witness for yourself the vast expanse of sand dunes stretching out below.
An experienced pilot will safely guide you through the desert with the aid of the wind. There’s no telling where exactly you’ll end up around these areas, so relax and enjoy the adventure!
You may be carried to a nearby reserve—the Dubai Desert Conservation Reserve—where you'll have the opportunity to see more wildlife.
What are the perks of hot air balloon tours in Dubai?
The instructors speak English, so you don't have to worry about communication barriers. They're also usually locals, so you can confidently ask for advice or tips about Dubai.And here’s an added bonus! Some tours include breakfast or brunch, so you won't need to bring snacks.
Sometimes you’ll have the option to take home a personal souvenir from the flight: a certificate to confirm you made the flight! But don’t worry, your guide will keep you safe and sound for the duration of the trip. And they will be happy to answer any questions you have, in case you’re feeling anxious.
How long are more hot air balloon tours in Dubai?
Most tours are six hours total, with a start time of 4:30 a.m.—plenty of time to catch the sunrise! The hot air balloon Dubai flight itself lasts for one hour.
There are other options for balloon tours in the Dubai area, including tours with city views through Gray Line Emirates.
Good things to know and tips for hot air balloon tours in Dubai
Note the following points before booking to ensure that you are well prepared.
- You may wish to bring sunglasses, a hat, and any other relevant clothing, as well as sunscreen, since you may be soaring the skies under direct sunlight.
- If you’re staying in an urban area in Dubai, there's more great news: pick-up from your hotel and drop-off after the tour might be included. This tends not to include transfers outside of the urban areas of Dubai, Abu Dhabi, and Al Ain.
- When booking, don’t forget to list your hotel name and room number. The tour supplier will contact you to reconfirm the estimated start time of 4:30 a.m. Once you’ve gotten all the details sorted out, be on time so that you get as much time as possible onboard!
- You’ll also need comfy shoes and clothing, mainly for when you climb into the basket of the hot air balloon.
- Tours may not be suitable for pregnant women or wheelchair users. In addition, anyone who suffers from chronic back or neck pain, as well as those with recent injuries or surgeries. You’ll be standing during the flight, so these tours are preferable for those who are content with standing for an hour or more. In addition, some tours are not suitable for young children, but others are more child-friendly, so you can bring your little one along!
- As the balloon flies with the wind, which guides its direction and distance, views may differ from flight to flight. Visibility will depend on weather conditions that day.
- Access to restrooms is limited during the tour, so be sure to find the right balance between staying hydrated and drinking too much!
- Finally, the tour operator will try their best to have your balloon in the air in time to see the sunrise, but this isn't guaranteed.