Take a scenic, coastal route into the Kingdom of Northumbria; visit the Holy Island of Lindisfarne and explore the medieval market town of Alnwick's stunning castle and gardens.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Duration 9 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
Select participants and date
You can find the Edinburgh departure and return point outside the green Ensign Ewart pub, at 521-523 Lawnmarket, Edinburgh, EH1 2PE. There is currently a shortage of taxis and private hire cabs in Edinburgh, which may make it harder to get to the departure point if you're thinking of using a taxi. It is strongly recommended that you allow for more time to reach the departure point in the morning and look into public transport options as a backup.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
- Weather-appropriate clothing
- Pets (assistance dogs allowed)
Know before you go
- The tour routing and availability are subject to the tidal timetable at Lindisfarne. This occasionally results in the tour having to run in reverse
- Due to tide times on the following dates, this tour will not visit Holy Island: May 16, May 31, June 14, June 15, June 30, July 14, August 28, September 26, October 25, and October 26
- Unfortunately, children under 4 years old are not permitted on this tour
- Collapsible wheelchairs with removable wheels can be accommodated provided the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark the bus