Enjoy an amazing trek that runs through the lush historic glaciated rainforest in Westland National Park, with focal points of huge trees and amazing nature. Marvel at the views of upper Fox Glacier, Fox Neve and Mt Tasman.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible—book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Duration 3.5 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
- Pickup included
- Please wait at your accommodation's main reception area.
- Small group
- Limited to 10 participants
Select participants and date
Know before you go
- Please note this tour does not get close or to view the terminal face of the glacier due to safety reasons, you will not be walking on the glacier, only in the valley below
- This is mainly a nature tour, if you want to get close to the glacier terminal face, check out our Franz Josef Eco Tour
- Don't forget to bring your camera to capture some amazing photos
- The road leading north out of Franz Josef is closed until further notice due to flooding. It is targeted to reopen (with restrictions) before Christmas, depending on the weather
- As of Wednesday December 11, 2019, full access south of Franz Josef on State Highway 6 through to Wanaka is open, with some delays to be expected