Hop aboard the Explorer Bus on a journey to the summit of Kunanyi/Mt Wellington. Reach the highest point in Hobart, ascending 1270 meters above sea level. Get spectacular views of Southern Tasmania.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible—book your spot and pay nothing today. Learn more
- Duration 135 minutes
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
- Wheelchair accessible
Select participants and date
Meet opposite the Tasmanian Travel and Information Centre, (outside the Hydro Tasmania building).Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
- Warm clothing
- Charged Smartphone
Know before you go
- The temperature on Kunanyi/Mt Wellington is about 10°C cooler than the temperature in Hobart city. There’s a chance you’ll experience four seasons in one day with sunshine, wind, and rain, even snow is a possibility. Check the weather before you go.
- On snow days, when the gates are closed to the public, this tour is operated by the partners at Kunanyi/Mt Wellington Explorer Bus, the only bus approved to go beyond the closed gates on the mountain, to give you access to the snow.