This Icy Strait shore excursion from Hoonah takes you on a four-hour bear hunt, giving you the chance to see brown bears, Sitka black-tail deer, and other wildlife up close in the natural beauty of Bear Island.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible—book your spot and pay nothing today. Learn more
- Duration 4 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
Select participants and date
The meeting point is a five-minute walk from the cruise tender pier; further details will be provided with your e-ticket.Open in Google Maps ⟶
Know before you go
- Wildlife sightings can never be fully guaranteed. However, due to the small size of the group, the tour can re-position quickly, giving you a much higher chance of sightings.
- For all tours in Alaska, we recommend wearing layers with a waterproof top layer. Sensible walking or hiking shoes that may get wet are also recommended.