Stand up paddling (SUP) is a great way to have fun and keep fit at the same time. Enjoy the 10 kilometers of tranquil waterways on Thesen Island with its many private beaches. A perfect family-friendly activity.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures are in place. Check your activity voucher once you book for full details.
- Duration 1 - 2 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Host or greeter
- English, Afrikaans
- Private group
Select participants and date
TH22 Long St, Thesen Harbour Town, Thesen Island, KnysnaOpen in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Sun hat
- Luggage or large bags
- Unaccompanied minors
Know before you go
- Beginner tips
- If this is your first Stand-Up Paddle experience, stay in the protected waters of Thesen Island. The water is calmer and boats travel at wake speed.
- Keep hydrated
- Don’t get dehydrated! When on the water it is recommended that you keep hydrated by drinking plenty of water.
- What to wear!
- Dress comfortably in a costume or shorts & a t-shirt. During the cooler winter months, you may want to bring a wet suit.
- Don’t forget the sunblock and sunglasses!
- Water reflects and magnifies the sun rays. Without protection you can get severely sunburned during your trip. Be sure to bring your sunglasses to protect your eyes from glare on the water.