Explore Machu Picchu by bus and view the incredible mountains as you pass by. Walk from the hydroelectric plant to the town of Aguas Calientes, and admire the vegetation in a tropical jungle area.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures are in place. Check your activity voucher once you book for full details.
- Duration 2 days
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
- English, Spanish
- Pickup included
- Pick-up available at downtown hotels in Cusco. Please indicate if you are staying at a private accommodation (with address and phone number), you will then be provided with a meeting point close by.
Select participants and date
What to bring
- Hiking shoes
- Comfortable clothes
- Weather-appropriate clothing
- Personal medication
- Luggage or large bags
Know before you go
- The guide service is only for Machu Picchu. For most of the trip you will be rather independent; feel free to contact the local partner if there are doubts about the tour before departure
- The tour involves 3 hours of walking from Hidroelectrica to Machu Picchu Town and 3 hours the next day to catch the bus to Cusco. Guests will need to wear comfortable clothes and be in relatively good physical shape
- Bring snacks, water, and altitude sickness medication for the long bus ride from Cusco to Hidroelectrica and on the way back
- The local partner is not responsible for weather conditions during the tour, so please choose the best day for departure based on research
- To make the tour easier, add on train and bus trips to replace the walking portion; it is possible to book the train and bus trips on the day of the tour
- Entry tickets to Machu Picchu are booked according to availability; the tour partner will confirm the entrance time on the day of the tour