See one of the most beautiful attractions on the north side of Etna on a guided trek. Explore the forest, lava streams, eruptive fractures, and the massive craters that destroyed Piano Provenzana.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures are in place. Check your activity voucher once you book for full details.
- Duration 3 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
- Italian, French, English
Select participants and date
Please join your tour at the Chiosco Bar Mareneve, not the Chiosco Bar Etna Nord, which is located in the lower parking lot. This meeting point is located near the chairlift used by skiers in winter and is the second house of the 4 present in the parking lot. The parking ticket will cost 3 euros and will be paid for after the excursion.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Hiking shoes
- Comfortable clothes
- Weather-appropriate clothing
- High-heeled shoes
- Sandals or flip flops
- Baby strollers
- Luggage or large bags
Know before you go
- Trekking does not require great preparations on a physical level. You must be, in any case, careful, since the volcanic soil can often be inconsistent and unstable
- This trekking tour is not recommended for those who do not participate in any regular physical activity
- The route consists of the ascent and walking along the crater edges, this may cause dizziness to susceptible individuals
- The excursion could be subject to variations at the discretion of the guides, or it can be interrupted in case of changes in the environmental, climatic, or volcanic conditions
- The total time of the trekking trail will depend on the general pace
- Without adequate shoes, you are not covered by insurance
- In case of snow, you are recommended to rent snowshoes