Stand upon the crater summit of Mount Vesuvius for the best vantage point over the Bay of Naples, and visit the archaeological site of Pompeii – the Roman city it buried under volcanic ash when it erupted in 79 A.D.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible—book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Duration 7 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Skip the ticket line
- Live tour guide
- Italian, French, English, Spanish
- Pickup optional
- Meet your guide at your hotel in downtown Naples. The exact pickup time at your accommodation will be given upon reconfirmation with the local partner. You must contact the local supplier via the number on your voucher the day before the tour (after 7 PM) to organize the pickup time at your hotel or at the nearest pickup point.
Select participants and date
Meeting point may vary depending on the option booked.
Know before you go
- The tour duration is approximate and is subject to variables such as traffic conditions, transfer points, number of participants, and more
- For the Mt Vesuvius part of the tour, among the 4 languages available, only a tour in English is always guaranteed
- In case Mt. Vesuvius National Park is closed due to bad weather conditions and/or other circumstances beyond the local partner's control, you will be refunded the entrance tickets to the National Park