Experience the thrill of being a helicopter pilot! Take the controls, learn what makes a helicopter fly, and see New York from a whole new perspective. You’ll have ground instruction followed by approximately 30 minutes of actual flight time.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Reserve now & pay later
- Reserve now & pay later to book your spot without any charges today. Learn more
- Duration 1 - 1.5 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Pickup optional
- You will be picked up by private car from your accommodation in Manhattan. The rates are based on regular cars.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Private group
Select participants and date
67 Tower Road, West Harrison, NY 10604. The meeting point is easily accessible by the Metro-North train from Grand Central to White Plains station, then a quick taxi ride to the airport. The average travel time is 45-60 minutes. Flights depart from Westchester County Airport in White Plains, a relaxed crowd-free location just outside NYC easily accessed by public transit (Metro-North rail from Grand Central Terminal) or car (free parking). Please note: this flight departs and arrives in Westchester.Open in Google Maps ⟶
Know before you go
- The maximum weight of a passenger should be 250 lbs (113 kg) per person
- The maximum passenger height is 6 ft 3 in (192 cm)
- English proficiency is required
- The minimum age for the student pilot is 14 years old. Children 18 years and under must be accompanied by an adult or have parental consent. Children under 2 may ride on a parent's lap at no cost
- Lessons are not permitted in New York City airspace by federal regulations