Reconnect with a less complex way of life on a boat trip across Lake Titicaca to Taquile island. See the amazing floating islands of Uros, made from the local reeds.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible—book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Duration 1 day
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
- Spanish, English
- Pickup included
- Pickup possible from hotels located around Plaza de Armas in Puno.
Select participants and date
What to bring
- Passport or ID card
Know before you go
- You should be reasonably fit to take part, especially to visit Taquile where you will need to climb for a period of 25 to 30 minutes, with stops, and go down 450 steps
- Bring a light day pack to carry all your essentials
- Bring a water bottle. Please keep plastic bottles on the boat. Do not leave them on the islands
- Bring a hat, sunscreen, sunglasses, disinfectant gel and toilet paper
- Bring a fully charged camera, cellphones or electronic devices
- Bring money for snacks, souvenirs, etc. in Peruvian soles
- Pack some snacks, like chocolate bars and fruits
- Bring 2 sets of clothes for the climate as the temperature in the morning is cold, becomes hot later in the day, and can be cold and windy in the afternoon