Raft the famous Shotover River on thrilling, grade 3 to 5 whitewater rapids on a half-day trip from Queenstown. Experience Skippers Canyon's daunting cliff edges and gold-mining history by 4x4.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures are in place. Check your activity voucher once you book for full details. Learn more
- Duration 4.5 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
Select participants and date
Please arrive 20 minutes prior to your trip departure.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Unaccompanied minors
Know before you go
- All participants must sign a waiver form.
- Rafters must be water-confident, able to swim in fast-moving water, and agree to carefully follow guides' instructions.
- This activity is not suitable for those under 13 years of age, under 88 pounds, or over 260 pounds, nor for those who have a heart condition or are taking heart medication, nor for pregnant women.
- Rafters under 16 years must be accompanied by a guardian and rafters under 18 years must have a waiver form signed by a guardian.
- Participation in rafting activities involves a degree of risk and the rafting operator cannot absolutely guarantee participants' safety.
- The local partner reserves the right to refuse participation and cancel or amend any trips due to insufficient numbers or river, road, or weather conditions in the interest of all rafters’ safety.