See the highlights of the world's northernmost capital city on a guided walking tour of Reykjavik. Marvel at monuments such as Hallgrímskirkja church, see the colorful houses of Þingholt and go to Tjörnin pond to to visit the geese and swans.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures are in place. Check your activity voucher once you book for full details.
- Duration 2.5 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
Select participants and date
Meet your guide 10-15 minutes before departure time, at the statue of Leifur Eiríksson in front of Hallgrímkirkja Church.Open in Google Maps ⟶
Know before you go
- Please be at the starting point no later then 10 minutes before your scheduled departure time
- Teenagers aged 12 to 15 years old are entitled to a 50% discount. Children aged 0 to 11 years old can join for free
- This tour is available all year round (depending on weather and conditions)
- The tour is not subject to minimum numbers
- There is no age limit, but children under 6 years old may find the walk a little long, so please make arrangements (strollers etc.) or be prepared to carry them for part of the way
- Dress according to the weather. In Iceland it is always wise to dress in warm, waterproof clothes. Weather changes can be sudden, so expect the unexpected. Bring a waterproof jacket and pants, headwear and gloves. Good outdoor shoes are recommended
- The tour lasts approximately 2.5 hours, including a stop at Hallgrímskirkja church (including the bell tower), the Einar Jónsson Museum and Tjörnin pond