Get a gladiator’s-eye view of the Colosseum with a skip-the-line tour. Go backstage with your guide to off-limit areas, like the underground level where gladiators would wait to head out into battle. Visit the Palatine Hill & Roman Forum.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 2 - 2.5 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Skip the line through a separate entrance
- Instant confirmation
- Live tour guide
- Small group available
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
Meeting point varies depending on option booked.
What to bring
- Passport or ID card
- Comfortable shoes
- Baby strollers
- Luggage or large bags
Know before you go
- As of August 6, 2021, all public venues in Italy will require visitors above the age of 12 to present either a COVID-19 green certificate and an ID, proving that they are fully vaccinated with an EMA-approved vaccine or negative PCR or antigen test that is no more than 48-hours old
- Green Vaccine Passes must be in Italian or English and can be presented in digital or printed formats
- Due to ongoing COVID-19 virus preventative measures, the Arena will not be visited on this tour until further notice. The Gladiator’s Gate access will be replaced by the standard underground entrance
- Please note that this tour involves a fair amount of walking. Comfortable shoes are recommended
- The tour is unable to accommodate strollers or baby carriages
- Large bags or suitcases will not be permitted in the Colosseum or Roman Forum, and there are no cloakroom facilities for storage
- Extra measures may be implemented at some venues due to heightened global security. Delays may be experienced.