Skip the ticket lines and enjoy a 3-hour, early morning privileged tour of the Vatican City, including the Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel. Marvel at masterpieces of art and sculpture by Michelangelo, Raphael, Bernini and more, away from the crowds.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 2.5 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Skip the line through a separate entrance
- Instant confirmation
- Live tour guide
- Small group
- Limited to 10 participants
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
Meet your guide at the bottom of the steps across from the entrance to the Vatican Museums. The steps are located next to Caffè Vaticano on the corner of Viale Vaticano and Via Tunisi. Please be at the meeting point at least 15 minutes before the tour departure time of 08:10. The nearest Metro station is Ottaviano - Musei Vaticani (Line A). Exit the turnstiles and walk straight to the back end of the station, and then go to the left side exitOpen in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
- Baby strollers
- Luggage or large bags
- Short skirts
- Sleeveless shirts
Know before you go
- As of August 6, 2021, all public venues in Italy will require visitors above the age of 12 to present either a COVID-19 green certificate and an ID, proving that they are fully vaccinated with an EMA-approved vaccine or negative PCR or antigen test that is no more than 48-hours old
- Green Vaccine Passes must be in Italian or English and can be presented in digital or printed formats
- All visitors must pass through airport-style security. During high season the wait at security may be up to 30 minutes.
- Entrance into the Vatican is subject to a strict dress code. Shoulders and knees must be covered, and no low cut or sleeveless tops or shorts will be permitted for men and women. Guests that do not adhere to the dress code will not be permitted entry to the Vatican.
- Please note that access to St. Peter’s Basilica and Square may be closed on Wednesday morning tours due to the Papal Audience