Discover the treasures of the Vatican, from Michelangelo to Raphael and Bernini on a private guided journey through centuries of art, religion, and power. Delve deep into the most important Christian site of worship and its remarkable masterpieces.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 3 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Skip the ticket line
- Instant confirmation
- Live tour guide
- English, French, German, Spanish
- Wheelchair accessible
- Private group
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
Viale Vaticano 100Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
- Short skirts
- Sleeveless shirts
Know before you go
- All visitors must pass through airport-style security. During high season the wait at security may be up to 30 minutes.
- There is a dress code that must be followed. Shoulders and knees must be covered.
- Note that large bags and umbrellas will need to be checked and retrieving these items can impede your ability to cover all the points on the suggested itinerary.
- Photos and videos are not permitted in the Sistine Chapel, but are permitted in the museums, basilica, and square. The Vatican Museums are closed on Sundays. Wednesday morning tours are not recommended as access to St. Peter's Basilica may not be possible due to the papal audience in the square.
- Tours are offered at 09:30 and 14:30. It’s usually less crowded in the afternoons, so the 14:30 option is recommended.
- You will receive confirmation within 48 hours of booking (subject to availability).