Discover masterpieces of art from the papal collections on a 3-hour guided tour of the Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel and St. Peter’s Basilica. Skip the long ticket lines to all the monuments, and marvel at art and antiquity by Michelangelo and others.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 3 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Skip the ticket line
- Instant confirmation
- Live tour guide
- English, Italian
- Small group
- Limited to 10 participants
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
Meet your guide in front of the white gate of the Vatican Museums, below the statues of Raphael and MichelangeloOpen in Google Maps ⟶
- Short skirts
- Sleeveless shirts
Know before you go
- Due to the popularity of the current Pope Francis and his intense activity in organizing mass events in the Vatican some areas might be closed at the last minute and without prior notice. In the event that the Sistine Chapel and/or St. Peter's Basilica are closed your guide will provide you with a valuable alternative focusing the tour inside the Vatican Museums instead.
- All visitors must pass through airport-style security. During high season the wait at security may be up to 30 minutes.
- Please note that the dress code for both men and women requires shoulders and knees to be covered at all times.
- Please do not bring large items (large bags, backpacks, long umbrellas etc.) on the tour as they are not permitted in the Vatican Museums.
- You are allowed to bring water and cameras into the main attractions (Vatican Museums).
- Please note: the tour time will be communicated after booking and it can be anytime between 9:00 AM and 3:00 PM according to availability.