Guided by passionate biologists, discover a hidden ecosystem in the middle of the city. See native sloths, birds, butterflies, and variety of plants and insects living wild and free. Join a small group tour on the grounds of the University of Costa Rica.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible—book your spot and pay nothing today. Learn more
- Duration 2.5 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
- English, Spanish
- Private or small groups available
Select participants and date
Please meet in front of the Ondina Café & Restaurant. Your guide will be wearing a T-shirt with "Oropopo Experience written on it and will be holding a telescope. The cafe is closed on weekends. Please don’t panic as your guide will always be waiting for you.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Insect repellent
- Closed-toe shoes
- Open-toed shoes
Know before you go
- During the rainy season (May to November), please bring bug spray and be prepared to experience the rainforest. During this time we recommend booking the morning slot; however, the afternoons are also great.