Explore the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Meteora on a full-day bus trip from Thessaloniki. Enter 2 of the 6 holy monasteries and get panoramic views of the giant rocks.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures are in place. Check your activity voucher once you book for full details.
- Duration 11 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
Select participants and date
Meet your guide on Aristotelous Square and Egnatia Street, in front of the Venizelos Statue.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
- Comfortable clothes
Know before you go
- The coach journey from Thessaloniki to Meteora is 3.5 hours each way, including a short stop along the way to use the restroom and buy snacks.
- The monasteries have strict dress rules prohibiting entry to male visitors wearing shorts and female visitors with sleeveless sweatshirts
- Women need a long skirt/ dress to enter the monasteries. Women cannot enter the monasteries wearing trousers or jeans.
- To reach the monasteries, you will be required to climb stairs
- The €3 entrance fee to each monastery is not included in the ticket price, this must be paid in cash
- You will stop for a traditional Greek lunch in Kastraki, this is not included in the ticket price