Watch Sumo wrestlers go through a morning training session at a Sumo stable in Tokyo. Learn more about the world of Sumo from a local guide.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 3 days in advance for a full refund
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures are in place. Check your activity voucher once you book for full details.
- Duration 2 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
- Small group
- Limited to 9 participants
Select participants and date
• Meet right in front of Re.Ra.Ku, located right outside of the East Exit of JR Ryogoku Station • Please note that there are two Ryogoku stations. The meeting point is Ryogoku station on the JR line, not the Toei-Oedo line • The guide will be holding a red/orange sign saying "Magical Trip"Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Food and drinks
- Short skirts
- Sleeveless shirts
- Video recording
Know before you go
- Sumo stables may adjust their schedule at the last minute, based on their tournament schedule and the wrestlers' training. If there is a sudden change or a cancellation of the Sumo practice, your booking will be refunded.
- Customers may need to sit on the floor as most of the stables do not usually have chairs
- Customers may not bring in outside food and drink, nor chat loudly during the practice. Please dress conservatively.
- The Sumo stable has the right to refuse entry to guests who don't obey the rules of the stable. In this case, a refund will not be offered
- Entrance fee for Sumo morning practice is included
- The stable decides if customers may take photos of the wrestlers or with the wrestlers on the day.