Discover the original Waitomo black water rafting tour for a memorable 3-hours. Explore the Ruakuri Cave on an exhilarating underground adventure that involves climbing, black water tubing, floating, and leaping over cascading underground waterfalls.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 3 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Instant confirmation
- Live tour guide
Select participants and date
Meet your guide at 584 State Highway 3, Waitomo 3977. Located just before the Waitomo turn off.Open in Google Maps ⟶
Know before you go
- Participants must be 12 years or older and weigh at least 45 kilograms
- Tours run year round at 9:00 AM, 10:30 AM, 12:00 PM, 1:30 PM, and 3:00 PM. During summer, tours run every 30-minutes from 7:00 AM
- All tours are subject to availability. Pending available time slots, your tour time may be different to the one requested
- Water temperature is 10-14 degrees celsius (wetsuits and footwear are provided)
- Cameras and GoPro's cannot be taken on this tour
- There is a maximum of 12 participants per tour and a minimum of 2 participants required for the tour to run.
- The Waitomo Caves are located 195-kilometres from Auckland and round-trip transport from Auckland is not included